Working with a range of clients from £1bn AUM up to the largest wealth managers.
Like many organisations with legacy systems, our client’s Figaro application had changed over time with new processes, new fields, new structures etc. Finance had done a sterling job to create insightful, accurate reporting on a timely basis. A series of spreadsheets, with offline look-ups and manual corrections, was both inherently risky and inefficient. Monthly reporting was taking too long and the desire for weekly AUM was not practical.
Using our solution accelerator as a guide, the client took the lead for a full review of the data coming from the platform. In particular, to review:
- All data fields to identify the core, up-to-date static.
- All transaction codes to correctly split internal transfers versus external net flows.
- YTD versus monthly flows to understand the impact of back-dated adjustments.
- How to report a ‘client’ using portfolio and person markers.
- Increased granularity of AUM attribution into Inflows, Outflows, Internal Transfers, Fees and Inv. Performance.
- Increased segmentation and understanding of the asset book.
- More confidence in the reporting output, with full audit trail from source system to end report.
- More detailed reporting MI into the client, rather than the individual accounts.
UK listed Wealth Manager with > £40bn AUM
Replace the manual reporting solution with a new AUM attribution and financial reporting tool. More specifically:
- Remove the inefficiencies and inherent risk of manual consolidation and reporting.
- Guarantee a single version of the truth.
- Gain a lens over the complete AUM book and the income generated from it.
- Introduce Finance software fully scalable to future growth plans.
Pairing IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) with a low cost GL created an integrated solution combining the AUM book, client level income and core financials. The solution delivered:
- External financial and regulatory reporting.
- Board reporting, internal MI & analytics.
- Automated planning, budgeting & forecasting.
- Significant efficiency and control gains.
- Shortened month end close.
- A stronger understanding across the business of the AUM book and the yield generated.
- Cost analytics by cost centre, supplier and project.
- Automation and standardisation of the Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting process.
Our client uses Intelliflo extensively and wanted to improve their oversight of the asset book. Blank fields caused problems with manual analysis, which although sustainable was not scalable to the firm’s future growth plans.
- New feeds directly from Intellifo covering FUM and para-planner workflow.
- Pre-built dashboards giving a thorough overview of the data.
- User-driven analytics across 16 data structures.
- A thorough understanding of the asset book and how it generates income.
- A simple, single process for data collection, aggregation, reporting and dashboards.
- Ad hoc analytical capability.