Collaborative planning, budgeting and forecasting alongside interactive “what-if” analyses, analytics and reporting
IBM Planning Analytics, powered by TM1, is designed to implement collaborative planning, budgeting and forecasting solutions, interactive “what-if” analyses, as well as analytical and reporting applications.
Once you’ve decided to invest in a reporting, analytics or FP&A tool, the next decision is which tool to go for. Much will depend on the drivers for change and what you are looking to achieve. In our experience, the primary reasons to look at IBM Planning Analytics are:
- Ability to handle and structure vast quantities of data from disparate systems.
- Single application that offers data warehousing/ structuring, consolidation, allocations, automated reporting and budgeting & forecasting.
- The excel add-in embraces the benefits of the transformation, brings about control/ single version of the truth, and yet has a familiar look and feel.
- Market leading budgeting & forecasting capability.
- Available on cloud or on-premise.
A fully integrated reporting solution that addresses all of the core reporting requirements
We have taken IBM Planning Analytics and pre-built AUM Reporting, an integrated financial reporting module and powerful industry-specific planning models.
Vast volumes of data can be taken from any core platform, aggregated and transformed into business structures designed by you to fit your business.
Powerful, controlled AUM reporting and analytics
Fully aligned to your financials, our AUM reporting solution takes your raw asset book and aggregates by Client, Cost Centre, Rate card and multiple other business dimensions.
- Automatic calculation of inflows, outflows, transfers & investment performance.
- Clients tiered by AUM value at each point in the data structure.
- Full audit trail from source system to final reports.
Income, costs and balance sheet aligned to AUM in a single data structure
Our Financial Reporting accelerator works in exactly the same way as our AUM reporting solution. Income is obtained by client account and run through the same client static data as AUM, giving rich and structured analytical opportunities. If client level income is not available, we can show you how to extract maximum analytical capability using other data structures.
Roll the data up to deliver core internal and external reporting, all with a consistent data structure.
Reporting packs and core reports can be quickly rolled forward, whilst new reports or ad hoc analysis can be confidently created in real time. Month end is significantly shorter, giving finance teams much more time for business partnering activities.
Our solution accelerator provides industry specific budgets, rolling forecasts and five year plans.
Unlike off-the-shelf BI or dashboarding tools, IBM Planning Analytics is a market leader in planning & forecasting functionality giving Finance powerful modelling and workflow capability
- Our combined AUM & income model, based on historical data and WMA based growth forecasts, provides an automated view yet still allowing you to adjust the parameters.
- Cost models, fully integrated with headcount plans, can follow a top down or bottom up approach to suit your needs.
- AUM, P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow forecasts are all aligned.
Core plans can be incorporated into our capital adequacy models, whilst a fully integrated and detailed planning model lays the foundations for What-If modelling for quick decision making.